Budapest

Budapest
Buda Castle, Budapest

Monday, June 04, 2007

Hungarian Celebration Dinner in Atlanta serves up a fruitful response!



After the Celebration Dinner we (EB, me and the Hungarian Campus Crusade staff who helped with the dinner) spent a day at the lake with our friends the Edwards. From left: Andras, Ibi, Csilla, Mara, Gene and Barbara Edwards, George (in the back) and EB.

On May 14th in Atlanta we had our 2nd straight Hungarian Celebration Dinner! The crowd was about the same size as last year (approx 185 attended), yet the amount given was more than double! We received that night $65,000 in cash gifts and pledges going straight to the Hungarian ministry! (This was not for EB and me in our personal support.) We are grateful to the Lord and for all those who joined us that evening! The money raised that night, plus another generous gift that came in just recently, has been a HUGE lift for the Hungarian ministry. Going into next school year, they will be in the best position financially since Campus Crusade started in Hungary!

For this year’s Celebration Dinner we put a greater emphasis on prayer. A 40 day prayer and fasting chain led up to the event and during the dinner a group was also praying. The Lord chose to honor those sacrifices of prayer.

I continued in the States for another several weeks; EB was with me most of that time. We did follow-up work from the dinner and attempted to open more doors for our Polish ministry. We will be bringing more Polish staff to the Kansas City area in the fall.

EB and I were also able to spend time with my family in Arkansas over the Memorial holiday weekend. Our kids, still in school back in Budapest, did surprisingly well (almost too well!) in our absence.


This is my dad and my brother in law, Rick Elliott from Dallas, at my parents' house in Heber Springs, Arkansas. Read my dad's (Jerry Jackson) "conservative viewpoint" column at www.thesuntimes.com.

Later this week I will prepare a series of talks for an outreach I am doing over three different nights later in June. I will be helping our ministry in Sarajevo, Bosnia, by speaking evangelistically to their ethnic Muslim students that they have befriended. Please join me and pray for this outreach.

Next week I will be on vacation. I will spend it at home with my family and working on projects around the house!

Thank you for choosing to stand with us in our ministry here in Eastern Europe!

No comments: