Budapest

Budapest
Buda Castle, Budapest

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Top 10 Photos of 2009

Photography is one of my hobbies. Here are my favorite 10 photos that I took in 2009.



Slovenia: the day after a big snow.



Slovenia: Our son Ben launching while snowboarding with his friends.



Hungary: the weak winter setting sun made this photo possible.



Colorado: Quentin's 9th birthday with all of his cousins (and siblings) on his mom's side. Someone said they all have the same smile.



Greece: This past June for the first time in 10 years, EB and I got away alone longer than a weekend. It was so hot that day. We sought shelter in the cool stone rooms while touring an old castle. As EB came through the doorless entry way I thought I was seeing an angel.



Europe: a summer time beach.



Greece: the moment at 5:54 am when the sun rose over the distant mountains on the Turkish mainland.



Austria: Our daughter Liz playing for her high school basketball team in the championship game at a tournament in Salzburg. Liz jumped so high here that you cannot see her feet; the bucket was good and her team went on to win both the game and the tourney!



Switzerland: I was at a 3 day meeting in October with my missions agency. The meetings were held at a Catholic monastery. This was the view from the patio where we had our coffee breaks.



Greece: I love the texture in this photo. It is as if I can step into this photo, run my hand across the stones and feel the porousness as well as the weathered door. At the time I took this pic I was studying Revelation 3:20 which has some great imagery involving a door.

GOD IS THE ARTIST; I AM MERELY THE TOUR GUIDE.

No comments: